PADI Underwater Naturalist Course
Look closer to see more on your next dive. Look for symbioses, predator/prey and other relationships between aquatic plant and animal life. Learn not just what fish and animals are, but how they interact with each other and the environment.
Learn about why some creatures behave the way they do and what their role is in the aquatic ecosystem.
Duration of the course
The naturalist course is 2 dives that can be done in 1 day.
PADI Scuba Diver (Or an entry level equivalent from another agency)
What You Learn
- The major aquatic life groupings, interactions and factual information that dispels negative myths;
- The role of aquatic plants, food chains and predator prey relationships;
- Responsible interactions with aquatic life;
- Buoyancy techniques for interacting with the smallest of critters;
- The underwater naturalist’s view of organisms and their roles in the environment.