The PADI Drift Diver Specialty course introduces you to the coolest magic carpet ride you’ll ever experience. This course shows you how to enjoy rivers and ocean currents by “going with the flow,” staying with your dive partner, communicating with the dive boat and knowing where you are the whole time.
Drift Diving is nearly effortless and relaxing. You simply glide along and enjoy the rush of flying underwater while the current does the work.
Duration of the course
The Drift diver course consists of 2 dives done in 1 day. This will take you one step closer to your Master Scuba Diver.
PADI Scuba Diver (Or an entry level equivalent from another agency)
During your PADI Drift Diver certification course, you learn about:
- Planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of drift diving;
- An introduction to drift diving equipment — floats, lines, reels;
- Buoyancy-control, navigation and communication for drift diving;
- Site selection and overview of aquatic currents – causes and effects;
- Techniques for staying close to a buddy or together as a group.